Thursday, May 24, 2012

God Bless Élie Ndayishimiye


This is not a blog post about surviving a zombie apocalypse. Today my math teacher from last semester passed away today after a horrible car accident on May 21st 2012.  So I wanted to let my feelings out. So please show some respect.
There is one thing no one realises about their teacher. They are human. We expect them day after day, weekend after weekend to show up to class and teach. Which that one fact really upsets me because on Friday I saw him last period. I didn’t think this would be his last weekend. If I would have known it was I would have told him all the things that I thought of him. But I didn’t, in my head those thoughts were going to be told to him when I graduate high school.

Let me tell you about this man. His name is Élie Ndayishimiye, we was a very smart, very tall man. He was my math teacher. But he was more than just a math teacher to me. He took my 65% average and made it 95% in math. That positive boost, gave me the motivation to do better in all my classes and I know have a great post-secondary future.

He wasn’t just a good teacher. He always had an infectious smile. He would always have something to be happy about. We should always take a lesson from his perspective on life.

My prayers go out to him and his family and I hope you do also. Thank you for listening.

R.I.P. Élie Ndayishimiye

No comments:

Post a Comment